The Windows 10 free upgrade program, which is supposed to last a year, is still available to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. Customers with older Windows OS can go to the official Windows 10 download page and get a free tool that allows them to upgrade to Windows 10. However, users should have a genuine copy of the old OS they want to upgrade, according to a report. Additionally, a Microsoft employee shared that the actual free upgrade for a one-year plan was just a marketing gimmick.
Windows 10 Relaunched in 2015 and during that time, Microsoft Users of older Windows OS can upgrade to the latest version for free for one year. But, 4 years later, Windows 10 is still available as a free upgrade to anyone using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with a genuine license. Tested By Windows Latest. To make sure you’re running a true version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for a free upgrade to Windows 10, go to the official Download page And follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows 10 download page and click on ‘Download the tool now‘.
- Open Media Creation Tool and ‘Select’Upgrade this PC now‘.
- You need to click on ‘AcceptButton to accept terms and conditions.
- Choose the upgrade option where you can keep your files and information.
- Follow the steps to complete the installation.
- After connecting to the internet, go Windows update > Activate.
- Click on ‘Activate‘If necessary and your PC will be activated with a real license.
- You can also enter the Windows 7 product key here.
Still, old Reddit Post From a self-proclaimed Microsoft employee last year, he said, “The entire ‘free’ upgrade to one year is completely marketing fluff.” This is because, as mentioned in the post, for Microsoft, upgrade statistics are more valuable than license revenue. The Reddit user also mentioned that if you choose to install Windows 10 as the latest OS, you will lose your free upgrade.
Mi QLED TV 4K is the best affordable smart TV for Mi enthusiasts? We discussed this Orbit, Our weekly technology podcast, you can subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Or RSS, Download the episode, Or press the Play button below.