WhatsApp Web does not yet support voice and video calling, but there are some ways to communicate with your WhatsApp contacts on your desktop or PC. One is through the WhatsApp app dedicated to the desktop, the other is the Android emulators. Both of them work charmingly every time WhatsApp rings and they have no trouble reaching for the smartphone. Another good thing about these WhatsApp voice and video calling methods for desktops is that they are compatible with both Windows PCs and Macs. You can also read, write, send and receive messages and media files using methods. Read on to learn how to make WhatsApp voice and video calls using desktop.
2 easy ways to make WhatsApp call using desktop
WhatsApp desktop app
This is the official policy. The company recently Has released the voice and video call feature to almost every five-year-old desktop app. Before we get down to how to make calls using the WhatsApp desktop app, here is what you need to know. The app now only supports end-to-end encrypted voice and video calling. According to reports, the group WhatsApp voice and video calling feature for desktop will be added in the future. Additionally, make sure that the WhatsApp desktop app for voice and video calls meets system requirements.
WhatsApp Call on PC: System Requirements
- Laptop / PC running Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer or MacOS 10.13 or newer
- Camera for video calls
- Microphone and audio output such as speakers
How To Make Voice Calls Using WhatsApp Desktop App
- Download and install WhatsApp Desktop App on Windows Laptop / PC or Mac if you do not have
- After that, open the app using your smartphone and scan the QR code. Don’t worry, you will not be logged out of the WhatsApp account on your mobile phone
- What if you do not know how to scan QR codes? Turn on WhatsApp on your mobile phone -> Tap on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner -> Select WhatsApp Web (iOS users, go to ‘Settings’). Point your phone camera at the desktop screen to scan the QR code
- Once it is connected, go to any WhatsApp chat and look for the voice call icon
- Click on it and allow WhatsApp to access the computer’s microphone to talk to your contacts from the desktop
How To Make WhatsApp Video Call On Laptop
- Making video calls to WhatsApp contacts using the desktop app is great for making voice calls.
- After logging into the WhatsApp desktop app, go to Chat and select the video call icon
- Allow the computer to access the webcam and microphone
- Your call will be kept
Keep in mind that you can only call one WhatsApp contact at a time. A small window indicating the call status will pop up on your screen. You can drag around the window anywhere on the screen and change the call from video to voice or adjust the settings to disconnect the call. The chat feature is active even when you are on call.
To remember, the group voice and video call feature is not yet available through the WhatsApp desktop app. It does not matter if your mobile number has an active plan. As long as both your phone and desktop are connected to the active Internet, you can make / receive WhatsApp voice and video calls using a Windows laptop or PC and Apple’s Mac.
Android Emulator is another tool that you can use for WhatsApp calls from desktop. Aside from the WhatsApp desktop app, you can also make group voice chats using this tool. In fact, Android emulators give you the same WhatsApp experience you get in a mobile app. Not sure which Android emulator to use? Click here to find out. The only drawback of this tool is that social messaging is not yet multi-device supported. As soon as you log in to WhatsApp on the desktop using the emulator you will be logged out of the smartphone. In the process, you may also lose some data. If you are ready to do so,
Here is how to make voice and video whatsapp voice on pc
- After downloading the Android emulator – Bluestocks, for example – on your PC, go to the Play Store and download WhatsApp
- Now, open WhatsApp and login with your mobile number as you do on your smartphones
- When setup is complete, go to chat or group and tap the voice call and video call icons from the top panel
- Allow the computer to access the microphone or webcam if necessary
- That’s it! You can now talk to your WhatsApp contact from the desktop