Apart from being widely available on mobile phones, Voot also comes as a dedicated app on smart TVs and streaming devices. While the app can be easily installed from the respective app stores, the real challenge faced by many is to log in and activate Voot on their television. That’s why in this article we will guide you through a step-by-step process on how you can access and activate Voot on your Android TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire Stick and more. So without further ado, let’s begin:
How to Activate Voot on TV
Movies and shows from streaming platforms are best enjoyed on the big screen. In case, you have a Smart TV at home, here’s how to activate Voot on Smart TVs with different platforms and operating systems:
On Android Smart TV
If you have an Android TV, to activate Voot you need to:
- Download Voot app from Google Play Store on your Android TV
- After installing the app fire it up
- After selecting any content in the app, you will be prompted to log into your Voot account via an activation code displayed on the screen.
- After this grab your mobile phone or laptop and go www.voot.com/activate
- After the website page loads, login to your Voot account with the registered mobile number
- Once you enter, the page will ask you to enter a code that will be displayed on your TV screen
- Enter the mentioned code and select ‘Continue’ to watch Voot’s vast content library on your smart TV
On the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Got an Amazon Fire TV Stick and want to feast on Voot’s massive content library? Here’s how to do it.
- Add the Amazon Fire TV stick and turn on your TV
- Now make your way through all the apps and open Voot. Download the app from the Amazon store if you don’t already have it installed
- After installing, open the Voot app and tap on any movie or show you want to watch
- The app may ask you to login using your Voot subscription by displaying an activation code.
- To use this activation code, enter the Voot activation website www.voot.com/activate In your mobile phone or laptop browser
- On the webpage, login with your registered Voot subscription mobile number and the activation code will be displayed on the TV screen on the next screen.
- After entering, press Continue and start watching more content on your TV
On Samsung Smart TV
Here’s how to access Voot subscription on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Go ahead and turn on your Samsung TV
- Then, go to the system application store and download the Voot app, if it is not already done
- After installation of the app, open it and tap on any random content to go to the activation screen that will display a small code
- Go to Voot’s to get full access to the app Activation website And login with your registered mobile number
- After you login, enter the activation code on the next screen
- After verification of the code, the content you previously selected will start playing on the TV, thus indicating a successful login on your Samsung Smart TV
On LG Smart TV
Like Samsung, its rival LG also offers the Voot app with its wide range of smart TVs. Here’s how to get the app on LG Smart TVs:
- On your LG Smart TV, refer to the Voot application to install it
- If you can’t find it, go to the application store and start downloading from there
- After installation open Voot app and tap on any content
- Here you will be provided with the activation code used to login to the app
- To login with your Voot subscription, go to Voot’s Activation website on your phone or PC
- After the website loads, login with your registered mobile number and enter the activation code displayed on the TV screen
- After entering the code, press ‘Continue’ to catch up on your ongoing web series but on a bigger screen
On the JioFiber set-top box
Many JioFiber plans come bundled with premium subscriptions to many OTT apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar. Among these, Jio also offers access to a Voot subscription that can only be logged in and used on Jio’s set-top box. This specific set-top box needs to be installed in your broadband plan to avail OTT benefits. Let’s see how to activate Voot on your JioFiber STB:
- Depending on the JioFiber plan you choose, there are different ways to login to Voot
- You will pay Rs. 999 and above JioFiber plan, you can login to Voot through Jio’s auto login process as the said subscription is a part of your plan which is activated after purchasing or renewing the broadband plan.
- However, Rs. 399 or Rs. 699 plans users have to use their existing Voot subscription to enjoy the content on the platform.
On Apple TV
Voot offers its exclusive television app on Apple TV for users to catch up on their favorite movies and shows from the streaming platform. Here’s how to install an app on Apple TV:
- Turn on your Apple TV and navigate to the ‘Apps’ section
- Now tap on the ‘App Store’ icon to open it
- Search for Voot app from here and if you don’t already have it installed
- Open the Voot app on your Apple TV and tap on any content you want to watch. It will ask you to login into your Voot account through the activation code displayed on the screen.
- While keeping the TV screen on, open it Activation website Login on your phone or PC and with your registered mobile number. You can also sign up for membership from here
- Now enter the activation code on the next screen and press ‘Continue’
- In the next couple of seconds, the content will start playing on your Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Voot have casting support?
Yes, Voot comes with casting support. To start casting from mobile phone to TV, tap on the ‘casting’ icon at the top of the video player while playing any content from the app. However, users should ensure that both the phone and the Smart TV or Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to solve Voot?
If the Voot app on your TV isn’t working properly, content isn’t loading properly or you’re facing confusion, try these troubleshooting steps and check if it fixes the problem.
- The first and foremost step to get rid of any issues with the Voot app is to clear its cache and data. This can be done by going into ‘App Info’.
- If the problem still persists, try reinstalling the app and logging in with the activation code.
- Also make sure the app and your Smart TV software are up to date with the latest firmware.
Why isn’t Voot working on your TV?
There could be several reasons why Voot is not working on your TV. There may be times when Voot’s servers experience downtimes, which may prevent the App or certain sections of it from loading. There may also be a possibility of poor internet connectivity, which may hamper the viewing experience. Anyway, you can always contact Voot’s customer care and get help to identify the root cause of the problem.