TrueColor: The most popular caller ID app for mobile phones. The app can also be used to send and receive messages, make calls over the internet, block spammers, forward flash messages and transfer money using UPI. However, TrueColor is widely used by users to identify caller details that are not saved on your mobile phone. As long as you can see other people’s details, others can also see your details through the TrueColor app. If your name appears incorrectly in TrueColor, you can change it from the app. Additionally, there is an option to deactivate or unlist the TrueColor account once and for all. Below are the steps on how to change the name on TrueColor and delete the TrueColor account, but before we go into them let’s take a quick look at how TrueColor works:
How TrueColor works
For starters, TrueColor requires an active internet connection to identify customer details. Details are crowded from the millions of people who have downloaded the app. As part of TrueColor’s end-user agreement, users must allow the app access to their address book / contacts. This data is uploaded to the company server, which is then matched / refined using algorithms and made available to all Truecolor users to search. So whether you delete a TrueColor account or remove your name from the service, your name and number will still be visible to others, thanks to those who allowed the app to save your contact details and access them.
How to change the name in TrueColor using the app
- To change the name in TrueColor, open the app on your mobile phone
- Tap the ‘hamburger icon’, assuming you’re already logged in with your details
- If you are using an Android mobile phone, select the pencil icon next to your name from the menu. IPhone users can rename TrueColor by clicking on the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Input your first name and last name as you want them to appear in TrueColor in the relevant fields
That’s it! The new name will be updated in the TrueColor database.
How to change the name in TrueColor on the desktop
- If you would like to rename TrueColor using your desktop, log in with your details. TrueColor Website
- Search for your number and click on ‘Activity Name’ option
- Input the correct name and click Save
Truecolor automatically picks the right name in a day or two. Truecolor suggests sending you an email with your phone number, including the country code and name you want to reflect in its database.
Truecolor Analyst: How to delete Truecolor account
To delete your name or delete Truecolor account
- Open the TrueColor app, tap on the ‘hamburger icon’ and look for settings
- Go to ‘Privacy Center’
- Scroll down to ‘Manage social login’ and select ‘Deactivate’
- A window pop-up will say ‘By deactivating your account, your data will be deleted’. Do you want to continue? ‘. Press ‘Yes’ to continue
Your number will be deactivated from Truecolor, but it is only half working. You may want to unlist your number from the TrueColor database to really protect your privacy.
Unlist the phone number from TrueColor
- Once the account is deactivated, go to the officer TrueColor Analyst Page To request removal
- Enter your mobile number with the correct country code
- Click ‘Analyzer’, select the option and explain why you want to delete your TrueColor account
- Enter the verification captcha code
- Click on the Unlist option
Truecolor says your number will not be listed within 24 hours of receiving the request. You can verify your number by searching for it in someone else’s TrueColor app. If your number still appears, try clearing the cache on the device you are looking for.