Do you think the new SBI ATM has arrived or the PIN of your old SBI card has been compromised? Change the PIN now using the steps below. With State Bank of India’s Green PIN facility, you can generate a new PIN for your ATM-cum-debit card without having to visit the nearest branch. The SBI ATM PIN generation is very simple and straightforward – you can use any of the following methods: SMS / Internet Banking, ATM or Customer Care Support. Secure PIN aka Personal Identification Number keeps your SBI account secure from unverified transactions. So, without further ado, here is how to generate an SBI ATM PIN via SMS or through ATM, Net Banking and Customer Care.
Forgot ATM PIN: How to generate SBI ATM PIN via SMS
- To generate SBI ATM PIN via SMS from your registered mobile number, compose a message: PIN
<ఖాతా నంబర్ యొక్క చివరి నాలుగు అంకెలు> And send to 567676
- You will be rewarded with a One Time Password (OTP) message. OTP is valid for two days
- Within 2 days, visit the nearest SBI ATM along with OTP to change SBI ATM PIN
You can also use these steps to generate the PIN of your new SBI card.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN using ATM
You can also generate an SBI ATM PIN directly from the ATM. For this, you need your SBI debit card and registered mobile number.
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM
- Insert your card and select the Pin Generation option from the screen
- Enter your 11-digit account number, then your registered mobile number
- Press Confirm
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for confirmation
- Enter that OTP when asked by the ATM
- You can now change / generate a new PIN for SBI Debit Card
Do not share OTP with anyone. The one-time password is valid for two days.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN using Internet Banking
Use Net Banking to generate SBI ATM PIN from your home facility. You do not need to visit the nearest ATM to complete the process.
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com And login to the account using your user ID and password
- After this, select ‘ATM Card Services’ under the ‘e-Services’ tab
- Look for ‘ATM PIN Generation’. You have two options, One-Time Password (OTP) and Profile Password. Select any of them to generate ATM PIN.
- The OTP option sends a message with a code to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the number in the required column -> Select your ATM connected savings account -> Click ‘Continue’ -> Select the ATM card -> Enter the first two digits of the new PIN -> Enter the last two Mobile number via SMS
- Enter the two digits you selected earlier and the two digits you received via SMS on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Submit’ to successfully generate your SBI ATM PIN.
How to change ATM PIN using profile password is pretty good. New SBI cardholders can generate a PIN using Internet Banking only after activating the card from the ‘ATM Card Services’ tab under the ‘A-Services’ option.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN through Customer Care
If you do not have online banking or have forgotten your previous SBI ATM PIN, follow these steps. To change an ATM PIN through Customer Care, dial the toll free number 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number. Easily keep your account number and ATM card for verification.
- Once the call is connected, select your language and press 2 for ATM / Debit Card related services
- Press 1 for pin generation
- If you are calling from your registered mobile number press 1 again or press 2 to talk to a customer care representative
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the SBI ATM PIN generation request
A temporary PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number. Visit the nearest SBI ATM within 24 hours to change the SBI ATM PIN.