Removing background from images is easier now than ever before. You do not need to be a Photoshop expert. If you know how to operate a computer or mobile phone, you can also remove BG (background) from the image. There are some tools and apps available on the web that can be automatically removed to edit or share images on social messaging platforms such as WhatsApp. Read on to find out what those web tools and applications are. Below are the steps that will guide you through the process of how to remove the background from the image.
How to remove background from an online image
Remove BG is one of the most popular background remover web tools out there. You can also use other web tools such as Adobe, Photoshooters and Slaser. Check their privacy policies before proceeding. Discard BG’s claim that the images uploaded to its servers are confidential. The web tool also does not share or publish images anywhere. And one hour after uploading, the company will delete both the uploaded image and the resulting image.
In terms of features, Remove BG is 100 percent automatic and free to use. The web tool just needs a browser to work, which means it can work on any device you like to remove background from images.
- To remove background from images, visit https://www.remove.bg/
- Upload the theme you want to delete
- After this, the web tool will take some time to process
- The transparent background image appears below the ‘Deleted Background’ section
- Click on it to see the result. You can compare it with the original image by clicking on the ‘Original’ tab
- Press the download button to save the file on your device. This prompts you to sign in (if you do not)
- New customers will be given a free credit for downloading high quality images. If you use it, you can remove the BG packs
- You can download the image multiple times with the background removed in SD quality
- The downloaded file is saved as PNG, which is the original format for non-background images.
To access them, go to the Downloads menu or the last saved location of your device. If you think the BG web tool did not do a good job of removing the background of the image, you can also take this matter into your own hands. Click / edit ‘Edit’ in the top right corner of the ‘Removed Background Image’ and go to the ‘Delete / Restore’ section. The image can also be overlapped on a new background using a web tool.
Remove BG: How to remove image background
If you do not like automated tools, use Pixlr to manually remove background from images. Pixlr is a simplified version of Adobe Photoshop with the same editing tools and features. Free to use with ads, it will be removed with the Pixeller paid version and has a unique app for Android mobile phones and iPhones. I think ess is the best way as Windows PC / Laptop and Mac users can use PixLR through the web browser and there are some tools like removing the background of images in the mobile version of the platform.
- To remove a background from an image using Pixlr, select the Eraser tool from the Quick Settings panel
- Rub the eraser on the content you want to remove from the uploaded image
- Now, save the file using PNG format
- You will have an image that has no background
While this is an easy way to remove background from images, You need a good tool to deal with complex edges and fine details. For that,
- Go to the platform and launch Pixler
- You can upload an image from the device or use the URL by clicking on the ‘Open Image’ and ‘Load URL’ options.
- After the image loads, select ‘Lasso Tool’ (should be third on the list) from the Quick Settings panel. Alternatively, you can press the keyboard shortcut ‘K’
- You can select ‘Lasso Tool’ type: Free, Polygon, Bezier and Magnetic, from the top menu (if you are doing this on desktop)
- Select the part you want to remove with the ‘+’ cursor and press ‘Crop’ or remove the keyboard shortcut / ‘C’
- If you want to keep the selected part, copy it -> Create a new file with a transparent background -> and paste it there.
- Don’t forget to save the file as PNG, otherwise all your efforts will be in vain.
You can also use Pixlr’s ‘Wand Select’ tool or ‘Delete BG’ to automatically select and remove background from the image. However, they are not as polished as the manual process and other automatic background remover tools mentioned above.
How to remove background from image in Photoshop
There are reasons why professionals prefer Adobe Photoshop over any other tool or app to remove background from an image (s). The software gets the job done with a lot of perfection. If you are not satisfied with the results of the above tools, use Adobe Photoshop. How do you remove the background from an image in Photoshop you ask? Follow the steps below
- Open the image using Adobe Photoshop
- Go to the Layers palette and unlock the image layer (if it is locked) with a double click
- Now, add a new layer with a bright background and place it below the image layer
- Select the image layer and go to the quick settings panel
- From there, left-click and hold the Eraser tool until a small window appears
- Select ‘Background Eraser Tool’
- You can adjust the size of the eraser tool above the menu or by using keyboard shortcuts.[‘ and ‘]’
- Now, left-click and place the mouse on the background you want to delete. If the image in the background has a uniform color you can choose ‘pattern once’ or pattern continuously from where you have chosen to facilitate the process of removing the background.
- Remove / remove the layer with the bright background to have the image on a transparent background
- Now, save the image as PNG
How you remove background from images.