Gmail allows you to change your password or delete your account altogether. Deleting a Gmail account means getting rid of it all Your emails and account settings. You can no longer send or receive emails via Gmail address. Additionally, Google will not allow anyone else to use the address in the future. So if you’re sure, here’s how to delete a Gmail account. When you delete your Gmail account, your main Google Account will no longer work. You can still use other Google services like YouTube, Docs, Google Play and more. Gmail prompts you for an alternate email address to continue using your Google Account. If you are wondering how to change Gmail password, we’re covered for you too.
How to delete Gmail account on desktop
You need a browser for this. Additionally, you can only delete your account. If you use Gmail through your work, school, or other groups, contact your administrator. Only Account Manager can delete Gmail account with Google Account Help. Now we & # 39; ve got you covered, here’s how you can delete a Gmail account:
- Open your web browser on any Windows PC / Laptop or Mac.
- Visit Google.com and log in with your Gmail ID that you want to delete. Click on the profile icon and look for the ‘Manage your Google Account’ option
- Alternatively, you can open your Gmail account, click on the profile icon in the upper-right corner, and select ‘Manage your Google Account’ from the menu.
- Select ‘Data & Personalization’ from the left sidebar menu
- Scroll down to the ‘Download, delete or plan for your data’ section and click on ‘Delete service or your account’.
- Under the ‘Delete Google service’ option, select ‘Delete service’
- Enter your Gmail password to verify that you are
- You will see the ‘Trash’ icon next to Gmail on the screen below
- Tap the icon to enter an alternate email address. Make sure the email address you use is available
- A verification code will be sent to your alternate email address
- Log in to the email address and click on the link Inside to complete the Gmail removal process
This will allow you to permanently delete your Gmail account. You can also do the steps to delete a Gmail account on Android mobile phones and iPhones. If you want to back up your Gmail account before deleting it, here’s how to proceed:
How to back up your Gmail account
- Log in to your Gmail account On you PC Or Mac Computer
- ‘Manage your Google Account’ -> ‘Data & Personalization’ -> ‘Delete service or your account’ -> ‘Delete Google service’
- You will see the ‘Download Data’ option on the screen
- Select it to export a copy of Use it to back up content in your Google Account or with a service outside of Google
- You can back up all your data in your Google Account or Gmail
- After that, scroll down and select ‘Next Step’
- Select the file type, frequency and destination and tap the ‘Create Backup’ option from the bottom of the screen
Google will send you a notification when all your data is backed up and ready to use with other services.
How to delete Gmail account on Android phone
- To delete a Gmail account on an Android mobile phone, open your Gmail app and Tap your profile picture or initials in the upper right corner
- Select ‘Manage your Google Account’.
- Tap ‘Data & Personalization’ from the screen
- Scroll down to the ‘Download or Delete Your Data’ section and select ‘Delete Service or Your Account’.
- Select ‘Delete service’ and sign in to verify that you are
- Tap the ‘Trash’ icon next to ‘Gmail’ to delete your account
How To Delete Gmail Account On iPhone
The steps to delete a Gmail account on an iPhone are the same as on an Android phone. You can launch the Gmail app -> Tap your profile picture or characters -> Select ‘Manage your Google Account’ -> Under ‘Data & Personalization’ under ‘Download or delete your data’ select ‘Delete a service’.
Is it possible to recover a deleted Gmail account?
You can recover a deleted Gmail account from here Google page. However, I am a search engine giantf It has been a while since you deleted your account and you may not be able to recover the data in your account. The recovered Gmail account can be used to sign in to Gmail, Google Play and other Google services as usual.
How to change Gmail password
The steps to change the Gmail password are as follows:
- Log in to your Gmail account using your old password
- Go to ‘Manage your Google Account Selection’ and select ‘Security’
- Click on ‘Password’ under the ‘Sign in to Google’ section
- If prompted, enter your password to verify that it is yours
- Now you have the option to choose a new password for your Gmail / Google Account
- Enter the new password, it must be at least 8 characters long and confirm the new password in the appropriate fields and press the ‘Change Password’ option
Your Gmail password will be changed and the account will be logged out of all devices you have previously used. Enter the new Gmail password to login again.