Did you find that there are too many freeloaders on the network? Now change your WiFi password. This not only frees up the network from unwanted users but also speeds up the overall WiFi. If you are wondering how to change your WiFi password, we’re here to protect you. This is not rocket science, anyone with the right steps can easily change a WiFi password. If so, you ‘ve changed the WiFi password, but do not remember what it is now, we have a solution for it too. So sit back (grab your PC or laptop) and read how to change WiFi password or find WiFi password on Windows 10 and MacOS-powered laptops and PCs.
How to change WiFi password
Can be changed via WiFi password D-Link, TP-Link and Netgear on other routers’ configuration page. For this, you need the IP address of your router. While you can open the configuration page on mobile phones as well, we recommend that you do this on a Windows PC / laptop or Mac (at least if you are doing this for the first time). Got it? Is good. Let’s continue
- Connect your PC / Laptop to the WiFi network and burn your browser. Type the IP address in the search bar. This is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, but you should confirm it by looking at the bottom of your router. If you can not find the IP address, contact your service provider.
- Log in to the router using its username and password. They are also written at the bottom of your router. In most cases, the username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘usradmin’ respectively. You should check with them if your service provider is not working
- Now, look for the “Wireless” or “Wireless Security” option. It should be in the top menu or in the side menu under Advanced settings or security options
- You will see the old password in the WiFi password or Security Key box
- Enter the new password in the box and press the ‘Save’ button. The WiFi password will change and the network will log out from all connected devices
- Reconnect the devices by entering the new WiFi password
How To Find WiFi Password On Windows 10 PC / Laptop
One method is by IP address. Additionally, you can find the WiFi password in Windows 10 (assuming your PC / Laptop is connected to the network) using these steps:
- Click on the WiFi network icon next to the date and time and other quick setting options from the bottom right corner of the page. Alternatively, you can open the Control Panel and go to Network and Internet> Network Connections.
- Select the WiFi network you are connected to
- Click on Status> Wireless Properties
- Under the Security tab, you should see a dotted password box. Click on the Show letters box to see the password appear in plain text.
How To Check WiFi Password On MacOS
Follow these steps to try to find WiFi password on Mac
- Open Spotlight search using the command + space and type “keychain access”
- Select the app from the menu and click on System
- Here you will see all the saved passwords for apps as well as WiFi
- Double-click on the password WiFi network you want to know. If you do not find the network, you can search from the box in the upper right corner.
- Tick the box next to ‘Show password’
- Verify your identity by entering your password
- Your Wi-Fi password will then appear in the box next to “Show password”.
You can also check the WiFi password in MacOS by IP address using the ‘How to change WiFi password’ mentioned above. If you still have trouble finding your WiFi password, let us know in the comments section below.