The Santa Monica studio is all set to launch the highly anticipated God of War Ragnarok on November 9. The developer sent out review copies of the game weeks ago, and several publications have followed suit with their full reviews. God of War Ragnarok received an overwhelmingly positive response from many reviewers. On too Metacritic, the game has a score of around 94 based on 117 critic reviews at the time of writing. Based on the reviews, God of War Ragnarok looks like a solid successor to the 2018 God of War game and is definitely worth playing.
God of War Ragnarok Review
- IGN – “A fascinating sight to behold and even more exciting to take on, God of War Ragnarok combines action and adventure to create a new, unforgettable Norse saga. Impeccable writing, pitch-perfect performances, knockout action – this is sheer art from top to bottom. Reflecting its core themes, it’s everything a sequel should be: honoring its legendary pedigree, but not afraid to take it to exciting new places.
- Polygon – “God of War Ragnarok, as the sum of its many disparate and often conflicting parts and influences, is not here to reinvent the wheel. But its single-minded desire to emulate all the trappings of a legendary Hollywood narrative is its biggest weakness and the source of its enduring success. And like many, many Hollywood success stories, it shouldn’t seem outlandish to say that anything of this scope and scale is okay.
- GameSpot – “The last game’s thoughtful approach to exploring fatherhood was unexpected, making Ragnarok a more personal story about the complex nature of families and the people who make them up. For every moment of cruelty, there is one of real and relatable emotion. The way they go down varies from person to person, but there are many that bring me to tears. If nothing else, God of War Ragnarok further cements Sony Santa Monica’s narrative team as one of the best in the business.
God of War Ragnarok gameplay
The gameplay experience of God of War Ragnarok is vastly improved over its predecessor. The game follows Kratos and Atreus through the Nine Realms of Norse mythology, slaying gods and beasts. The story focuses on the father-son relationship between the main characters as in the previous game and explores it further. Combat is greatly enhanced with signature moves for Kratos’ Leviathan Ax and Blades of Chaos. Apart from these, Kratos’ shields have been changed to prioritize damage prevention or disposal. Atreus also becomes a bigger part of the game as he gets older and more confident in his abilities. He helps his father Kratos in various ways. God of War Ragnarok has different enemies with unique moves, strengths and weaknesses. You need to assess their attack and defense patterns to find openings for certain moves.
god of war ragnarok price in india
God of War Ragnarok is coming to PS5 and PS4 on November 9th. While various editions of God of War Ragnarok are available in the US, Indian players currently only have access to the launch edition. The price of God of Ragnarok is given below:
- God of War Ragnarok Launch Edition (PS4) – Rs 3,999
- God of War Ragnarok Launch Edition (PS5) – Rs. 4,999