Have your time on Facebook, looking to move forward now? You must not leave your data while uninstalling the app or logging out of your Facebook account. As you know, a social networking platform stores and sells your data. Deleting a Facebook account is the right approach. Now, it permanently deletes everything associated with your social media account, including photos, friends and posts. If you are not there yet and want some time off, deactivating a Facebook account is a good option. Either way, we’ve covered you. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to delete a Facebook account and how to deactivate a Facebook account. Take a look
How to deactivate a Facebook account immediately
You have the option to deactivate the Facebook account through the app and browser. If you do this on the phone using the app, follow the steps below
How to deactivate Facebook account on Android mobile phone / iPhone
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap on the ‘hamburger icon’ and look for ‘Settings & Privacy’ (assume you are already logged into your account)
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings’
- Scroll down to the ‘Your Facebook Info’ section and tap on ‘Account Ownership and Control’. Alternatively, you can search for ‘Account Ownership and Control’ from the search box above.
- Select ‘Deactivate and Delete’ -> ‘Deactivate Account’ -> ‘Continue to Deactivate Account’
- Enter your password and your Facebook account will be deactivated.
“This will temporarily suspend your account and remove your name and photos from most of the content you share,” the company said. You will be able to continue using Messenger.
How to deactivate a Facebook account on a PC using a browser
- Click on the icon next to your profile and look for ‘Settings & Privacy’
- The remaining steps to deactivate the Facebook account are the same as above
- You select ‘Settings’ -> ‘Your Facebook Info’ -> ‘Deactivate Account’ -> ‘Continue to Deactivate Account’
How to activate a Facebook account
After deactivation, you can activate your Facebook account by logging in with your credentials on the app or website.
How To Delete A Facebook Account Permanently
Again, you can permanently delete a Facebook account through the app and web browser. Be careful, it will erase all your data including photos, friends and posts from Facebook and there is no way to recover them. Before deleting a Facebook account / data it can be backed up and the steps are given below. So scroll down, follow those steps and come back here to delete your Facebook account permanently.
- You can go straight Facebook.com/ settingss To permanently delete a Facebook account through an app or browser
- Alternatively, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Your Facebook Info’. Application users need to take an extra step – tap on ‘Account Ownership and Control’
- Select ‘Deactivate and Delete’ and look for ‘Delete Account’ instead of ‘Deactivate’.
- Click on ‘Continue Account Deletion’
- Enter your password, Facebook account will be permanently deleted
Facebook says, “When you delete your Facebook account, you will not be able to retrieve the content or information you shared on Facebook. Your messenger and all your messages will also be deleted. ”
How To Backup Facebook Data
Before deleting your Facebook data, look for ways to back it up and follow the steps below
- Log in to your Facebook account Head Settings page
- Alternatively, go to ‘Settings & Preferences’. It’s under the ‘hamburger’ icon in the app, but desktop users can see it under the ‘down’ icon next to your profile
- Select ‘Settings’ -> ‘Your Facebook Info’ -> ‘Download Your Info’
- Click on ‘Create File’
You have the opportunity to back up your Facebook data or a portion of it, such as photos and videos, posts, comments and likes. The data will be clubbed into a zip file, extract it using the tool of your choice. All data is in different subfolders. Your archive also contains an index.htm file that allows you to surf data using the offline version of Facebook stored locally.