The COVID 19 vaccine drive is underway in India and you can register for the job through the Covin app or portal. The vaccine has been introduced in India for people over 60 years of age and those with comorbidity between 45 and 60 years of age. The second phase of the COVID vaccine is open to people who do not have health or front line workers. You can visit the Covin app / portal to register online for the vaccine shot. It is estimated that this expansion will have a total ‘priority’ population of 10 crore and will help India stay ahead Kovid19 Pandemic.
About 1.42 crore doses of vaccines have been given so far in the first phase of the drive, which started on January 16. Here’s everything you need to know about the second stage of the Covin virus vaccine drive, including how to register in Covin 2.0.
How to register in CoWIN 2.0 for COVID shots
Beneficiary must register for the vaccine on the Covin app / website.
- Covin Portal https://www.cowin.gov.in/home. It is compatible with all browsers out there. Beneficiaries can download the Covin 2.0 app from the Google Play Store on their Android mobile phones. This feature is not yet available for iPhone users
- From the home page of the Covin 2.0 portal, scroll down to the ‘Find your nearest vaccination center’ section
- Enter the place and address where you live or click on the ‘Current Location’ option to get details of the nearest vaccination center
- Now, click on the ‘Register Yourself’ button and enter your mobile number to continue
- You will receive the OTP from which your account will be created
- Fill in the details and upload the identity documents
- For those between the ages of 45 and 60, they must click ‘Yes’ under the Comorbid Condition section and upload proof.
- Their family members can also register through the account
Beneficiaries will have the opportunity to book an appointment for vaccinations at public and private facilities. Up to four people can be registered from one account. The second dose of coronavirus vaccine is given 29 days after the first dose.
COVID-19 vaccine registration via Aarogya Setu app
If you are unable to register for the COVID-19 vaccine via Covin 2.0, use the Health Bridge app. The government health service app allows beneficiaries to register themselves by verifying a one-time password (OTP).
- To do so, tap on the ‘CoWIN’ option next to COVID Updates from the top menu
- Tap ‘Vaccine’ a second time from the list and select ‘Register Now’. If you have already registered, select ‘Login’
- Enter your mobile number and ‘Continue to verify’
- Will be sent to the OTP number
- Use OTP to register your details, vaccination center and more
People can register themselves by visiting the nearest coronavirus vaccination center directly along with the required documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility and documents required
As mentioned above, the COVID vaccine is especially available for people over 60 and those between the ages of 45 and 60 with comorbidities at this stage. At other ages they may have to wait a little longer to be vaccinated. The government ID is sufficient for those above 60 years of age to get the vaccine shot. For people with comorbid conditions, they must produce an adjuvant medical certificate. They can upload the certificate on the Co-Win application and website at the time of registration or take it to the Kovid Vaccination Center (CVC).
According to a government notification, there are 20 comorbidities for coronavirus vaccine shots for people between the ages of 45 and 60. In addition to these
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year
- Post Cardiac Transplant / Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Significant left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- Moderate or severe valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or idiopathic PAH
- Coronary artery disease with past CABG / PTCA / MI and treatment of hypertension / diabetes
- Treatment of angina and hypertension / diabetes
- Documenting stroke and hypertension / diabetes on CT / MRI treatment
- Treatment of pulmonary artery hypertension and hypertension / diabetes
- Diabetes (> 10 years or with problem) and blood pressure on treatment
- Kidney / Liver / Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient / waiting-list
- End-stage kidney disease on hemodialysis / CAPD
- Current use of oral corticosteroids / immunosuppressants
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Hospitalized acute respiratory illness / FEVI <50% in the last two years
- Lymphoma / leukemia / myeloma
- Any solid cancer diagnosis in any cancer treatment on or after July 1, 2020
- Sickle cell disease / bone marrow failure / aplastic anemia / thalassemia major
- Primary Immune Diseases / HIV Infection
- People with intellectual disabilities / Muscular dystrophy / Acid attack with respiratory system involvement / People with high support needs / Multiple disabilities including deaf-blind
Co-Win: Where to Get Vaccinated?
About 10,000 private hospitals empaneled under AYUSHMAN BHARAT PMJAY, 600+ hospitals under CGHS and other private hospitals across the states will administer COVID-19 vaccine shots in the second phase. Click on the links to find out nearby The government has empaneled coronavirus vaccine hospitals And CGHS Hospitals.
How to search for the nearest vaccination center
Both Co-Win and Health Bridge come with a GPS-enabled setting. Beneficiary can search this setting at the nearest Coronavirus Vaccine Center.
COVID 19 vaccine price in India
The COVID 19 vaccine in India is priced at Rs 250 per private hospital. The cost break is Rs 150 per dose Service charge is Rs.100. Said, The vaccine is free of cost Government facilities across the country.
How to Download COVID Vaccine Certificate
The COVID Vaccine Certificate is available for download through Co-Win, Health Bridge, Digilocker and other applications. For the certificate,
- You have already received at least one dose of the vaccine
- You must have a 14-digit beneficiary reference ID
- You need to register on the Covin platform to download the vaccination certificate. If the mobile number used to register on the Covin platform differs from the number used in the Health Set application and Digilocker, you will need to verify it
COVID-19 vaccination time
Beneficiaries Coronavirus vAxin appointments between 9am and 3pm every day from March 1st through Co-Win and other IT applications Health Bridge.