The Ration Card is an official document issued by the State Government to households eligible for subsidized food grains from the Public Distribution System (PDS) under the National Food Security Act. It can also be used as ID proof for making Domicile Certificate, Birth Certificate and Voter ID Card. The ration card form can now be collected online. In addition, individuals can check the status of the ration card, add names, download the e-ration card and link the ration card with the Aadhaar card. How do you think? Don’t worry, we’ve covered you. How to apply for a ration card online, check its status and more.
Who is eligible for ration card in India?
- Must be a citizen of India and not have a ration card of any other state
- Customer must be over 18 years of age to apply for ration card – Minor / Children below 18 years of age can be included under their parents’ ration card
- Live and cook separately
- The applicant and the family member should be close relatives and should not have any other family card in the same state.
The government issues two types of ration cards: Poverty-Line (BPL) ration card and non-BPL ration card. The BPS ration card consists of blue / yellow / green / red ration cards separated by color depending on eligibility for various discounts on food, fuel and other items. Non-BPL ration cards are white and are issued to those above the poverty line.
Ration card status: How to check ration card list
Since the ration card is issued by the state, the URL you need to visit to check the status of the ration card will change. The URL of a UP ration card website, for example, is different from .li. You can search for URL in your state whether it is Bihar, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh (AP), Assam, or West Bengal National Food Security Portal (NFSA). Here are links to some popular state ration card websites:
How to search a name on a ration card list
We will show you how to check the ration card list online using Uttar Pradesh (UP) as an example.
- Select Uttar Pradesh from NFSA Portal
- The National Food Safety Act (NFSA) eligibility list will pop up on your screen
- Select District -> Town -> Region / Town
- Shopper list appears on your screen. You can check your name and other details by clicking on the numbers next to the shopkeeper’s name in the ration card column
If you can’t find your name in the list, search using the browser’s finder. Press Cltr + F on a Windows laptop / PC (‘Command + F’ on Mac) and enter your name or digitized ration card number.
How to apply for a ration card
The stages of applying for a ration vary from state to state. If you live in UP, here is how you can apply for a ration card:
The documents required to apply for a ration card are usually as follows
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph of family members living in your home
- PAN card
- Previous electricity bills
- Proof of your income
- Caste / Class Certificate (if any)
- Bank Passbook and a photocopy of the first page of your passbook.
- Your gas connection details
One Nation One Ration Card
The One Nation One Ration Card is an initiative of the Government of India for migrant workers or anyone far away from their home state.
- Beneficiaries through this scheme They can claim their rations anywhere in the country.
- So far the One Nation One ration card has been implemented across India in 32 states.
- The central government has recently launched the Mera Ration app in support of the scheme.
- The app allows customers to check what they qualify for and locate nearby ration shops. It also supports biometric authentication.
- The Mera Ration app is currently only available on Android. All Indian citizens can register themselves on the app to get food grains at subsidized prices.
- This app comes with Aadhaar based login and is available in both Hindi and English. Support for 14 regional languages is expected soon.
“The system was first launched in four states in August 2019 and then expanded to 32 states and union territories by December last year. The only states currently not on the list are Assam, Chhattisgarh, Delhi and West Bengal and these four will be added in the next few months. ” Food and Public Distribution Secretary Sudhanshu Pandey said.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add a name on a ration card
Beneficiaries can add a new name to the existing ration card by visiting the official Food and Civil Supplies Department website of their state government. Look for the ‘Add new members’ link. If you do not find the link, go to your nearest zonal office. Download the online form and submit it along with the required documents to the nearest Zonal / Mamalatdar office. Upon completion of verification of documents and information, the name will be added to the ration card.
E-ration card: How to download ration card
You can download the e-ration card on your device for online use. To do this, go to your State Government Food and Civil Supplies Department website -> select ‘Get e-Ration Card’ -> Enter your details like Ration Card Number, Family Head Name (HOF) and year of birth. Hoff, among other things -> and click Continue. If the details are correct, you will get the option to download the ration card on the device.
How to link ration card based
- To link your ration card based, go to the nearest PDS center or ration shop
- Take photocopies of your ration card along with copies of the Aadhaar card of all your family members and passport size photographs of the family elder.
- You will also need to make a copy of your bank passbook if it is not linked to the bank account basis
- The representative may ask you for fingerprint authentication to link to the ration card basis. An OTP will also be sent to your registered mobile number.
The authorities will process all your documents and the notification will appear after your ration card is successfully linked to the Aadhaar cards.