Gone are the days when air conditioners were considered a novelty and have become a necessity these days. With the ravages of climate change, most parts of India are hot or humid for most of the year. Moreover, brands have quickly realized the year-round benefit of an air conditioner and are now launching ACs that offer both cooling and heating functions. No longer do you have to limit your AC purchase to just the summer months. And if you plan to buy one now, you can also avail various offers during the fall and get your desired AC at a discount. To make it easier for you, we have curated a list of the best split ACs you can buy on Chroma.
Things to consider while buying a split AC
- Capacity: Before buying an AC, you need to consider the room size and cooling limitation to decide the perfect choice. Its capacity is measured in tonnage and takes into account factors such as room size, location, number of occupants, etc. It goes without saying that the bigger the room, the more capacity you need for effective cooling.
- Power Capacity: Another important factor to consider while buying an AC is the EER or energy efficiency rating. When considering an air conditioner, make sure it has an Energy Star rating for efficiency. The higher the number of stars (measured out of five), the better the energy efficiency.
- Air Quality: Given the pollution levels, air quality is one of the most important criteria to consider while buying an AC. It is imperative to buy one with an effective and efficient filter to remove dust, germs, smoke and odor from the air. Also, look for a built-in dehumidification unit to remove moisture from the air.
- Cooling speed: You should be able to adjust the AC temperature and fan speed. It helps you set variable pre-defined temperatures that help increase cooling efficiency and reduce energy consumption.
- Installation and Maintenance: Last but not least, make sure that the AC is installed at your home by a professional company. Improper installation can harm not only the efficiency but also the hardware in the long run. Also, make sure you know the maintenance frequency for the unit to function properly.
Hisense 4 in 1 Convertible 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC with PM 2.5 Filter
This Hisense air conditioner is a 1.5-ton unit with a 4-star rating for efficiency. AC is eco-friendly due to R-32 refrigerant, copper condenser and rotary compressor. The AC also has a PM 2.5 and 3-in-1 Vitacarb filter that effectively cools the air in your home. Ideal for room sizes up to 180 square feet, it comes with a 10-year warranty on the compressor and a five-year comprehensive warranty. The best part is that you don’t need a stabilizer to use this air conditioner. If you’re looking for a powerful air conditioner that cools your home effectively without causing too much harm to the environment, look no further than the Hisense 4-in-1 Convertible 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC.
Carrier Ester CX Plus 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Carrier is a well-known brand in the air conditioner space in India. Ester CX Plus is a powerful unit with four cooling modes. It comes with a 1-ton capacity and a 3-star rating. Thanks to Turbo mode, it can cool a 180 square foot room (or warm it in winter) in almost no time. It also has a dry setting to keep the room cool yet dry. Other impressive features include eco-friendly R-32 refrigerant, rotary compressor, dual filtration and more. In short, this is one of the best ACs available in the market.
Voltas 1.3 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Voltas is an established name in the AC industry, and this 1.3-ton air conditioner lives up to its reputation. The highlight has to be the 5-star EER, which means the AC is highly energy-efficient and helps save on electricity bills. Not only that, it comes with R-32 refrigerant, making it eco-friendly. There is also an anti-dust filter to keep your home environment clean. Its rotary compressor comes with a 10-year warranty. If you’re looking for an AC to cool a small-to-medium-sized room (up to 170 square feet), look no further.
SAMSUNG Ultima Series 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Samsung Ultima is a premium split AC with 1 ton capacity and 3-star efficiency rating. This AC is designed for efficiency without compromising on performance. Aiming for long-term durability, the air conditioner comes with a 100 percent copper condenser and rotary compressor. Then there are features like good sleep mode and 2-way auto swing. It’s perfect for small rooms up to 120 square feet and also features an auto clean mode that cleans moisture and dirt from the heat exchanger to prevent bacteria and mold growth. Choose this AC for your home if you want bleeding-edge technology without burning a hole in your pocket.
Blue Star 4 in 1 Convertible 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Blue Star is a popular brand when it comes to air conditioning. Its 4-in-1 convertible is a split AC offering with an impressive 5-star rating. The high EER means it’s very efficient, and the 1.5-ton capacity can easily cool large areas up to 180 square feet. There is an intelligent self-diagnosis feature that helps users fix the AC themselves if necessary. Apart from these, you get integrated inverter, sleep mode, turbo cool technology, eco-friendly R-32 refrigerant and four cooling modes. The air conditioner comes with a full warranty as well as a 10-year warranty on its compressor.
Hitachi Kiora 5100X 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
The Japanese brand is known for home appliances including ACs. This Hitachi Kiora AC 1.5 Ton unit is ideal for halls and living rooms up to 180 square feet. It has stabilizer-free operation and comes with an integrated inverter system. Cooling capacity is enhanced by a copper condenser coil and R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant. It also has a Caukin filter to trap airborne dust particles and prevent clogging of the internal mechanism of the AC. Like the other options in this roundup, it also has a 10-year warranty on its compressor.
Chroma 1 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
Chroma has a lineup of powerful and efficient air conditioners. Ideal for a small room up to 30 square feet, this 1-ton AC provides powerful cooling to users. The appliance also has an integrated inverter to handle overload and voltage fluctuations. This AC offers an energy-saving mode and has R-32 eco-friendly refrigerant for efficiency. It promises long-term use with its single rotary inverter compressor. Other features of the air conditioner include self-diagnosis, sleep, auto-restart and dry mode. If you’re looking for a value-for-money purchase without skimping on features, you can’t go wrong with this one.
So, these are the best ACs you can buy in Chroma. From anti-corrosive build to automatic temperature control, these air conditioners come with a powerful set of features that ensure you can use them all year round.